Saturday, April 26, 2003

After going to bed really late, the last thing you want is someone knocking on your door in the morning. That’s exactly what happened with me this morning. I went to dinner and then to watch this movie last night, went to bed really late… then get woken up at 10am and not by a friend, but a Christian missionary.

This guy and his assistant wanted me to read this piece of paper telling me about Jesus Christ. I took the paper and as soon as I started walking back into the house, the guy wanted to speak to me about religion. 1. He asked if I go to the church. I said I don’t. 2. He asked if I had another religion. I said YES. 3. He asked if I practice my own religion. I said I CERTAINLY DO. 4. He asked if I was certain that what I believed in was the TRUTH, and I FELT LIKE PUNCHING THE IDIOT IN HIS FACE.

Yes, this is where my patience runs out. But no, I didn’t punch him in the face. I simply told him that I was certain that what I believed in was the TRUTH. I also told him that I do believe that what Christianity preaches is probably also true, but Christians like himself need to learn that there is other TRUTH in the world.

I appreciate that these people are trying to spread their religion. But they don’t have to go around telling people that everything except Christianity is wrong. The first thing these people will tell you is that Jesus died for us. Well, as a Sikh, I believe that ten of our Gurus and hundreds of thousands of their Followers died for us. They died for what they believed in… just like Jesus Christ. But no, these people don’t want to listen to that. I have actually spent a whole one hour arguing with one such missionary, just to tell him that Christians need to learn that Christianity is not the only way. But nah… they won’t listen. All they want is to brain wash you.

Anyway… enough about that. Now I should go back as my bed is calling me again. Will speak to you people later.

Any comments about this matter are welcome…!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home