Friday, April 04, 2003

Hello there people. After a month and a half, I am back on my blog. As I said in the description, I’ve just been too busy. Now I am back because I will be working only four days a week from now on. So will try to keep this one updated regularly.

So, what can we start with. There is the WAR and the political correctness of our leaders to discuss, and there are a few issues in my knowledge that I would like to share. But obviously not in one day. So why don’t we start with the hottest of the topics… The War on Iraq.

I was always convinced that there will be War, unless Suddam Husain hands the power directly to Bush. By the end, it was unmistakably clear that even if Suddam decides to step down as the president of Iraq and let the people rule themselves (democracy I’m talking about), there would have still been a war.

I am very strongly opposed to a few statements made by bush and his so called “coalition of the willing”. For example, “You are either with us, or with the terrorists.” So now if anyone differs in opinion with bush, he is a terrorist. Everyone either attack the country that bush wants to eliminate or occupy, or you are a terrorist. I wonder what bush and his so called “coalition of the willing”, would call the american people who are opposed to the war. Are all of them terrorists too?

We all know that the terms such as “regime change”, “liberation of Iraqi people” and “Unarming Suddam” etc. are all a cover for issues that are more political than these. OIL is being seen by most as the underlying cause of this war. I agree with that to a large extent. There was this discussion on TV about the war the other day, and a gentleman used a term “Demonstration War”. This to me seems to be very precise.

Reading about my anti-war and anti-american sentiments may give some an impression that I am Pro-Saddam. Now this is not correct either. He is a dictator, and people do need to get rid of him. But bush needs to understand that he or his armed forces are not needed in Iraq. Stuffing food in the mouths of poor Iraqis only bush’s attempt to buy the hungry stomach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home