Tuesday, July 29, 2003

O God… it's almost the end of another disastrous day at work. I don't normally complain about my work-peers, however I must do so today. And no matter how bad this may sound, but I generally don't enjoy working with women, and today was almost as bad as it gets. My supervisor pissed me and Terry (my other work mate) off so much that Terry finished his day saying "Tomorrow better be F#$&i*g better than today". She just pushed it to the limit today.

Working is not normal for Grace (my supervisor). She normally comes to work about an hour late and leaves an hour earlier, which cuts her 8 hour shift down to 6. But today she showed up half an hour earlier than the start of her shift and told me it was new Grace. And what a Grace it turned out to be…! She got so frustrated with the amount of work there was to be done that at one stage she said so someone, "It has been chaotic today"... we just wondered if she's ever seen us dealing with the same amount of work everyday..! Obviously not. Her frustration got better of her again when she TOLD ME OFF for JOKING.

But then again, maybe it's just us... maybe we're too used to seeing her not do anything, and often not seeing here at all. So we probably forgot what it is like working with her.

Two of the worse things about women at work are that they whine about little things, and secondly they can panic quite easily under pressure. I understand that this is not the case with every woman, but I'm speaking from personal experience. But anyway, I'll shut up here before many of you start whining about me being judgemental and generalising and stuff..!

Rachel, Thanks for your post. I share your concerns about the downfall in the world economy and plight of those who are losing their jobs due to such developments. The news about the Iranian Twins was sad, however it is was the risk they decided to take. I think it was very brave of them to decide to go ahead with the surgery when they knew about the chances of failure. Anyway.. thanks for your post once again, and hope to hear from you again.

Rabb Rakha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home