Sunday, October 09, 2005

Now what should I study next..?

The next thing I have to do in my life is to find time to start some study. I still have to decide what exactly do I wanna study, but I have some ideas. I have always wanted to try ICS (Indian Civil Services) exams, but have never put myself to that test. Now that I feel confident that I am able to do it.. it might be a bit too late. Other things I am considering studying are Criminology, Law, Social Work, Politics, History, World Religions and Literature etc. All of them are the subjects I am really interested, and that’s what makes it hard to decide what I study.

I don’t even want to study particularly to find better employment. I feel that education has made me a better person in so many fields of life. I feel that I am more aware of who I am, what’s around me, and what’s my place in this world because of my education. It has helped me think. If it wasn’t for this education, I would’ve probably still been a very simple, ignorant and rusty village boy who had small dreams.. and the world would’ve looked so small. It’s a strange confusion as well.. coz sometimes, when the world throws it’s evil side in our faces, I feel that maybe I was better off staying as simple and ignorant like I was. I do miss my village, and sometimes also miss that simplicity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Balraj,
well thats a wide range of subjects u would like to study. You said that you don't want to study to gain better employment but why not study something that would help you not only be better person but also a boost to your career.

As far as your commnet on being ignorant is concerned I feel ignorant people lead a simple and relaxed life with small hopes and finding happiness in small things...no fikar no fakka!!!!!!!
Sandhu

3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home