Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Return of the Bludger..

Okay, so I disappeared for more than 4 months again. Now how bad is that..! But you guys should be used to that by now, shouldn’t you? So let’s see what my excuses are this time..! Hold on, I didn’t say excuses, did I? No, of course not. I meant let’s see what I’ve been up to in the last few months, and what am I into these days..! Among other things by the way, one reason for me not being here is my laziness. So I winder if I should go back to my old blog and call myself a bludger again. haha.. anyway, let's get on with it..:

Poetry found a new home.. I mean my new poetry blog. I started it months ago, but just the way this blog has been deserted for months, so has the poetry blog. I will get back to it though. I have added a link here though. So anyone interested can click on the link on the left of this screen and have a look.

A few things I’m confused about once again are study, Australian citizenship and the job. Did I ever mention on here that I refused to go to the citizenship ceremony after they approved my citizenship application? Well I did. I found out that if I gave up my Indian citizenship (or even if I had dual citizenship), I had no right to own or inherit our agricultural land back home. Not that there is a lot of it, but whatever there is, why lose the right to own it. I think it’ll be the saddest thing not to be able to inherit the very land I feel so close to. There’s an English song I heard the other day called “Sicilian Born”. The words that had my attention were, “Home is not where you’re born. Home is, where you’re prepared to die.” And I wish to be reunited with that village soil before I die. Anyway, without getting to sentimental here, I should move on. So the next issue was job. The current job is great. I don’t have to work too hard and it pays well. But it’s not something I wish to do forever. But the only other jobs I am currently interested in are Federal Government jobs and they require me to be an Australian citizen. So there is a clash of interests. Thirdly those jobs ask for a degree whereas my Indian degree is not considered a degree here. So that brings up a question of further education. I’ve always wanted to go back to university. The only issue is to decide what to study, and where to study. My options there are limited again, because I can only study through correspondence. Attending uni is no possible with my current “FullTime Plus” job.

Okay so that’s all about my confused state of mind and the issues confusing me. It’ll be silly to pledge more time for my blog again. I know and you know that I won’t be writing here all that often. Time doesn’t allow me that. But anyway, I will try to get back to you all sooner than the last time.

So for now, goodbye
Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home